To improve game performance and support future development, the MapleStory game client has been upgraded to 64-bit and no longer supports 32-bit systems.
This means that MapleStory will not open on PCs running a 32-bit operating system.
If MapleStory is not opening for you, check your PC’s system information before troubleshooting (see Finding your system type).
If you have a 32-bit operating system, switch to a PC running a 64-bit operating system to continue playing MapleStory. If you already have a 64-bit system, refer to the Troubleshooting section below.
For more information about the upgrade, see the following Maple News articles:
Note: This article contains screenshots that are for example purposes only. Actual text and visuals may vary.
Finding your system type
Windows 11 and Windows 10
- Select Settings > System > About.
- Under Device specifications, find System type.
- Select Settings > Change PC settings > PC and devices > PC info.
- Under PC, find System type.
If your PC is running a 64-bit operating system and MapleStory is not opening, try some of the troubleshooting options listed below, or search the Support Center for more articles.
- Having an issue? Repair your game files!
- Troubleshooting using MS Config
- How to perform a clean boot
- Why isn't the game working?
- My game closes after opening or wont open.
- [Updated 4/6] MapleStory does not open when launched from Nexon Launcher or Steam
- [3/4/2020] Stuck at white loading screen when launching MapleStory