Reboot refers to MapleStory worlds with gameplay adjustments that encourage character self-sufficiency and growing stronger through playing. It’s a great option for players who enjoy paving their own way and unlocking their full potential through dedication and commitment.
Notable differences for Reboot worlds include:
- Monsters are stronger but provide more EXP and mesos when defeated.
- Convenience and upgrade items can be purchased with mesos instead of NX.
- Equipment is untradeable. Each character acquires their own equipment.
- Equipment upgrades are streamlined. Some upgrade systems are unavailable, such as scroll enhancements and Bonus Potentials.
- Mesos and non-equipped items cannot be traded with other accounts, but may be transferable to other characters in the same world within the same account. The Auction House and Meso Market are also unavailable.
- Reboot characters begin with a higher number of unlocked inventory slots and additional beginner items.
- Reboot Gift Boxes can be opened once per account for additional meso and rewards.
- Reboot characters can learn all crafting and gathering professions.
- Some event rewards may differ from non-Reboot worlds.
- Some events may be unavailable in Reboot, such as Marvel Machine and Burning World Leap.
Reboot is available in both NA and EU regions and is accessible from the World Selection screen.