There is currently a known issue that occurs with laptops that have an integrated Intel Video Card, as well as a secondary Nvidia Video Card.
Certain graphics and game settings within MapleStory can cause your game to display only a black screen. This can occur if the external Chat Box is enabled within the Game Options.
If you are experiencing this issue, please try one of the following resolutions:
Option 1: Adjust Power Settings
- Search for Graphic Settings on your PC
- Click on 'Browse' and locate MapleStory.exe. (Default location: C:\Nexon Launcher\Library\maplestory\appdata)
- Click on Options and select ‘Power Saving’.
- Relaunch MapleStory.
Option 2: Deactivate External Chat Window
- To deactivate external chat window, press ALT+Enter to enter full screen. By default, the external chat is disabled in full screen mode.
- If you want to continue playing using Window Mode, go to Options and uncheck the box for “External chat box for windowed mode.”