Starting on Sunday, February 2nd, 2020, Microsoft will no longer be supporting SHA-1 Code Signing Certification as a valid authentication for updates and software. On older operating systems, this change may cause the MapleStory client and NGS to not properly function, as well as antivirus software erroneously flagging MapleStory.
In order to ensure a continued, unimpacted gameplay experience with MapleStory, we strongly recommend the following for players running the following Microsoft operating systems:
- Windows XP or Vista: Please update your operating system to Windows 7 or later.
- Windows 7: Ensure that the Windows KB3033929 Security Update has been installed:
All players running Windows 8 or later should be unaffected by this change.
If you are unsure of which Operating System you are running, you can find that out through one of the following methods:
- Go to your Desktop, right-click on "My Computer" and select "Properties"
- Go to your Start Menu, right-click on "My Computer" and select "Properties"
- Go to your Start Menu, select "Control Panel", select "System and Security", and select "System"
- Go to your Start Menu, select "Control Panel", select "System", and select "About"