The error message "This product cannot be installed" may indicate that the Nexon Launcher does not have sufficient permissions to install or update MapleStory.
If you encounter this error, open Task Manager and End Task for MapleStory, Nexon Launcher and BlackCipher.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to open Task Manager.
- Navigate to Processes tab and review list of open programs.
- For all MapleStory, Nexon and BlackCipher.exe programs, right-click program and select End Process Tree.
- Re-open Nexon Launcher and attempt to open MapleStory again.
If that does not resolve the issue, please perform a Repair Installation.
- Open up your Nexon Launcher.
- Click on the game page and click on the "gear" icon to open up your Game Settings.
- Click on "Game Configure" in the sidebar of the Nexon Launcher Settings.
- Select the game.
- Click on the "Repair Installation" button. When you click on Repair Installation you will receive a message that will ask if you wish to continue. Click 'OK'.
- Once you click OK, the repair installation will begin running and will verify the files within the game folder and check for any missing or damaged files. If it finds any, it will download those files and/or update them. Once it is complete the normal play button will return and you may launch the game normally.
To prevent other programs from interfering with the update process, please close all non-critical programs while the update is underway. We also recommend performing a Clean Boot to ensure other programs are not launched automatically.
If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the above steps, please submit a ticket with the following information:
- Create ticket with title: Nexon Launcher Issue - This product cannot be installed
- Please include a screenshot of the error message you receive.
- Please provide a brief description of the issue you're experiencing.
- Locate your Nexon Launcher Logs, commonly found here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Nexon\Nexon Launcher
- Attach all .txt files in this folder to your ticket. If the file is too large to attach or 0 KB, it can be excluded.