Added additional steps below to End Task on all open MapleStory, Nexon Launcher and BlackCipher programs running.
The MapleStory team is currently investigating an issue that prevents some users from updating the MapleStory client due to error message: "This product cannot be installed."
If you encounter this error, open Task Manager and End Task for MapleStory, Nexon Launcher and BlackCipher.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del to open Task Manager.
- Navigate to Processes tab and review list of open programs.
- For all MapleStory, Nexon and BlackCipher .exe programs, right-click program and select End Process Tree.
- Re-open Nexon Launcher and attempt to open MapleStory again.
If that does not resolve the issue, please perform a Repair Installation and a Clean Boot, then try again.
If you are still experiencing this issue after performing the above steps, please submit a ticket with the following information:
- Create ticket with title: Nexon Launcher Issue - This product cannot be installed
- Please include a screenshot of the error message you receive.
- Please provide a brief description of the issue you're experiencing.
- Locate your Nexon Launcher Logs, commonly found here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Nexon\Nexon Launcher
- Attach all .txt files in this folder to your ticket. If the file is too large to attach or 0 KB, it can be excluded.
This article will be updated as additional information becomes available. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and greatly appreciate your patience.