We are currently investigating reports that some users cannot launch MapleStory due to error NGS: Reset Error (0xE3010000).
This issue may be caused by anti-virus and/or firewall software blocking Nexon Game Security (NGS) when loading MapleStory. Initial reports suggest this is most likely to occur when using AVG or Bitdefender anti-virus suites.
To resolve, please perform the following steps:
- Close MapleStory, the Nexon Launcher and any Nexon programs currently running.
- It may be necessary to End Task for any open programs through the Windows Task Manager.
- Add MapleStory and/or the MapleStory installation folder to the whitelist or exception list for your anti-virus software.
- Open the Nexon Launcher and attempt to launch MapleStory again.
If you still encounter NGS: Reset Error (0xE3010000) after whitelisting, please submit a ticket with the following information:
- Create ticket with title: NGS Reset Error (0xE3010000)
- Provide a brief description of the issue and the troubleshooting attempted so far.
- Include the name of anti-virus and firewall software installed on your computer.
- Locate the BlackCipher folder in the MapleStory installation directory.
Default location: C:\Nexon\Library\maplestory\appdata\BlackCipher
- Attach all .txt files from the BlackCipher folder to the ticket for furthe review:
This article will be updated as additional information becomes available. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience.