Additional investigation indicates that this issue may be related to Windows 10 version 1709. Added additional steps below to manually upgrade Windows 10 to the latest build.
We identified an issue that can prevent MapleStory from fully loading if a Micro SD card is plugged in to the computer. Please disconnect Micro SD cards connected to the computer before launching MapleStory. Added steps below.
Added additional steps below regarding anti-virus software and Run as Administrator.
Updated ticket description to include anti-virus software details.
We are currently investigating reports that the MapleStory client may become stuck on the white loading screen that appears before the Wizet logo. If your game client does not load past the white screen after several minutes, please perform the following troubleshooting steps:
- Download the latest MapleStory client through the Nexon Launcher or Steam.
- Repair your client files. Steps to repair files are available here.
- When opening the Nexon Launcher, right-click the icon and select Run as Administrator.
- If you use anti-virus software, add MapleStory to your anti-virus software whitelist or exception list.
- For Norton AntiVirus users, temporarily disable Norton before opening the Nexon Launcher or MapleStory. If this resolves your issue, please notify the Support team.
- Unplug any Micro SD cards from your computer before launching MapleStory.
- For Windows 10 users, update Windows to the latest version. It may be necessary to manually download update from Microsoft website. Update instructions available here.
If you are still unable to load the game, please submit a ticket with further assistance and include the following information:
Issue: Technical Support
Subject: Stuck at White Screen
Issue Type: Game Launch Issue
In your ticket, please include the following:
- Troubleshooting attempted so far.
- The name of anti-virus software installed on the computer.
- If anti-virus software quarantined files related to MapleStory or Nexon Launcher, include the name of the files that were quarantined.
- Attach a DxDiag report to the ticket. Steps to create a DxDiag report are available here.