NEXON AMERICA, INC.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Last Revision: 2 December 2015
Effective Date: 14 December 2015
When you become a part of the Nexon community, you are joining millions of players worldwide. We understand that with a large player base, disputes and misunderstandings can arise from time to time. however, our in-game/online staff will do their best to resolve these as they happen.
There are a number of circumstances that can result in disciplinary action against your account, on both the forums and in-game. Appropriate action will be taken during any incidents of community disruption, violation of the EULA or ToS, or any other action that may be deemed inappropriate by the Nexon’s staff. All policies and agreements which govern your use of Nexon’s games and interactive services are available online here.
This Code of Conduct outlines the rules that you need to follow to help ensure that Nexon’s games, forums, and other interactive services are safe and fun for everyone.
- Your Use of the Service Generally
- You will not use our games and interactive services for any unlawful purpose or in any manner not intended by Nexon.
- We expect you to use our games and interactive services in a manner that is respectful of all other players.
- Technical Restrictions
- You will not use our games or interactive services to transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects, date bombs, time bombs or other items of a destructive nature.
- You will not engage in spamming or flooding.
- You will not remove, alter or conceal any copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary rights notices contained in our games or interactive services.
- You will not "frame" or "mirror" any part of our games, websites or interactive services without our prior written authorization.
- You will not use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, "data mine" or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the games or interactive services, as well as any content contained therein.
- You will not harvest or collect information about the games or interactive services, visitors to our websites, or users of our games or interactive services, without our express consent (which may be in the form of an API made available to you from time to time).
- You will not download, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, modify, distribute or publicly display any of the content or information contained in our games or interactive services except as expressly authorized by the agreements between you and Nexon.
- You will not host, provide matchmaking services for, or emulate or redirect the communications protocols used by us (or our designees) as part of the games or interactive services, including, without limitation, by protocol emulation, tunneling, reverse engineering, packet sniffing, re-routing, looping, modifying the game software or using a program to host a game.
- You will not restrict or inhibit any other individual from using the services, including, without limitation, by means of "hacking" or defacing any portion of the services.
- You will not institute an attack upon any server used in connection with our services or otherwise attempt to disrupt such servers.
- You will not exploit errors in design, features which are not documented and/or bugs to gain access that would otherwise not be available or to obtain any competitive advantage.
- You will not modify the software made available to you, either as part of a game or an interactive service, to change the service. This includes, without limitation, creating cheats and/or hacks or using third-party software to access files we make available to you.
- You will not reverse engineer, packet sniff, decompile or disassemble all or any portion of our games or interactive services.
- You will not engage in using macros (e.g., "macroing"), auto-looting or robot play (i.e., "botting") or any other behavior that allows you (or any character you are controlling) to automatically function or effect any action in a game with or without your presence.
- You will not use "packet sniffing," scripting and/or macroing software for any purpose whatsoever, or otherwise monitor the data streams generated by our games and interactive services.
- Improper Communications
- You will not give out personal information of other users (such as real name, physical address, IP address, email address, phone number, credit card number, etc.) in any way. This information could be used by others for illegal or harmful purposes. You are entirely responsible for the security of your account information and personally identifiable information.
- You will not express or imply that any statements you make or actions you take are endorsed by Nexon.
- You will not sell, advertise, or post information on hack, private servers (including sources thereto) or gold farming for games or interactive services, and you will not advertise, post information on or sell hacks for any other software or websites.
- You will not use the games or interactive services to transmit any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication.
- Any non-game-related conversation that takes up a substantial amount of the forum, chat, or in-game chat space and prevents users from finding game-related information may be considered a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Infringement of Intellectual Property or Other Proprietary Rights.
- Unauthorized use of another entity’s intellectual property is not allowed, including but not limited to: software, music, art, and other copyrighted, trademarked, or patented materials or trade secrets.
- You will not use the games or interactive services to transmit any material, non-public information about companies without the authorization to do so.
- You will not impersonate another person (including celebrities), indicate that you are a Nexon employee or a representative of Nexon (including a GM), or attempt to mislead users by indicating that you represent Nexon or any Nexon partner or affiliate.
- You will not engage in rude, unlawful, harassing, vulgar, obscene, hateful, threatening, abusive or otherwise objectionable behavior, including, without limitation, intentionally looting, intentionally kill stealing, making sexual or other inappropriate comments.
- You will not harass, abuse, bully, spam, scream at, threaten or stalk other users or encourage other players to do so.
- You will not encourage harm or violence against people or animals, or promote self-harm in any manner.
- You will not create or share any of the following through our games or interactive services:
- Anything of a sexual or provocative nature.
- Content that a reasonable person would consider to be adult or borderline adult in nature. or
- Content that generally falls under the category of pornography
- You will not attempt to obtain a password or other private account information from any other person or user of the Service.
- Prohibited Use of the Games and Interactive Services
- You will not exploit our games or interactive services for any commercial purpose, including selling of accounts, NX or in-game items, the provision of "power leveling" services, etc.
- Any content that facilitates or promotes illegal gambling, illegal content, pornography, piracy, illegal online pharmacies, illegal drugs, or criminal activities is prohibited.
- Do not create or share any content that instructs users how to make bombs, weapons or drugs, or solicits involvement in behavior that is violent or illegal under applicable laws.
- Any content that facilitates or promotes underage drinking, consumption of illegal drugs, or socially irresponsible behavior due to alcohol or drug consumption (e.g., drinking and driving) is prohibited.
- Do not create or share any content that facilitates, promotes, or contains terrorist threats or activities.
- Do not create or share any content that facilitates, promotes, or contains references to viruses or malware.
- Do not create or share any content that facilitates or promotes identity theft.
- Consequences of Violations
If you violate the Code of Conduct, action(s) may be taken to address the violation, including but not limited to temporary suspensions, permanent character/game bans, or permanent IP blocks (prohibiting your access to any Nexon game or interactive service). Nexon will determine the appropriate course of action for violations of the Code of Conduct.
NEXON IS NOT OBLIGATED TO SEND YOU A WARNING BEFORE THESE ACTIONS OCCUR. If your account is suspended while you are participating in a tournament or competition, Nexon assumes no liability in the loss of any potential prizes or recognition related to the tournament or competition.
Nexon is not obligated to monitor every post or activity, but has the right to remove any post or take action against any user. Furthermore, Nexon reserves the right to remove at any time, without notice, any user-created content, account, or device from the games or interactive services for actions determined to be in violation of this Code of Conduct or Terms of Service.
UPON RECEIVING A PERMANENT BAN, ALL CONTENT LICENSES AND NX BALANCES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SUSPENDED ACCOUNT ARE FORFEITED.