What is GeForce NOW?
GeForce NOW is a cloud-based game streaming service operated by NVIDIA. Using a supported device, you can remotely access a Windows gaming PC to play games with.
Is GeForce NOW right for me?
- Before using GeForce NOW, please carefully read the System Requirements needed to use the service. Ensure that your device and internet service meet the listed requirements.
- A keyboard and mouse are recommended regardless of which device you want to play on.
- For more information about GeForce NOW, please review the website’s Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Free plans are limited to one-hour play sessions, but there is no limit to how many sessions you can start per day. You must requeue for access each time you start a session.
- You will need a Steam account to play MapleStory through GeForce NOW.
How to play MapleStory through GeForce NOW
A. Create a GeForce NOW account
(If you already have an NVIDIA account, please skip to Section B.)
- Go to the GeForce NOW website.
- In the top-right corner of the website, select the “Join Now” button.
- Select the “Join” button below the “Free” plan on the left.
- You will have the option to upgrade to one of the premium plans at any time.
- Instead of a Join button, you may see the message “GeForce NOW is currently at capacity.” This means that the service is full and new accounts cannot be created at this time. To create an account, you’ll need to try again later.
- Enter the email address you would like to create the account with, or create the account using an existing social media account.
- Fill out any needed information and then select “Create Account.”
- Access the email account you entered, locate the verification email, and select the “Verify Email Address” button.
Note: If you do not see the email in your inbox, check your Spam folder.
B. Select a device and connect your account
- Go to the GeForce NOW Downloads page.
- Select the button below the icon of the device you will be playing on.
- If you select Windows PC or Mac OS, the GeForce NOW client will be downloaded. Install the client and open it.
- If you select a web browser, you will be taken to the GeForce NOW web client.
- If you select any other option (Chrome OS, Android, Smart TV, etc.) you will be taken to the relevant store for your device. Download the GeForce NOW app and open it.
- Log in to GeForce NOW.
- You should now be on the GeForce NOW home screen
- In the search bar, enter “MapleStory.” Then, select the MapleStory icon that appears.
- Select “Play.”
- You will now be placed into a queue for the next available machine to play on. This may take some time, so please be patient.
- Your queue time is determined by how many other players are attempting to access the game at the same time as you, so wait times will vary depending on day of the week, time of day, and other factors.
- Players with paid plans will have priority in the queue.
- Once you’ve reached the front of the queue, you will be prompted to log into Steam if you are not already logged in.
- Select MapleStory from the game list on the left. Then select the Play button.
Note: In the event that launching the game returns you to the Steam client and reverts the Play button to green, press the Play button again. This time, click the hyperlink provided in the launch pop-up.
- You can now play MapleStory!
Note: Please keep in mind that due to the utilization of NVIDIA's services, we are unable to ensure the quality of your gaming experience. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. For additional assistance regarding NVIDIA's services, please contact NVIDIA consumer support.