The Open Advancement system allows Explorers, including Dual Blades and Cannoneers, to switch jobs in their class when reaching advancing to 4th job (level 100).
Players can change jobs by either using one or more Job Advancement Coins, or paying a certain amount of mesos. The meso cost to job change increases with both your character's level and the number of times you have already job changed previously.
- Players must be an Explorer, at least level 101 and have made the 4th job advancement.
- One can only change jobs once a day.
- One can only change jobs in their specific class (e.g. a Paladin (Warrior) can switch to a Dark Knight (Warrior) but a Paladin cannot switch to a Dual Blade (Thief)).
- All Skill Points are reset upon switching.
- Mastery Books used before switching will be reset.
- Ability Points will switch when a job uses a different stat (e.g. Buccaneer, whose primary stat is Strength, will switch to Dexterity upon changing to a Corsair).
- A Link Skill is obtained if the target job has a Link Skill. However, when switched back, the Link Skill is lost (e.g. switching to Cannoneer provides its Link Skill but switching to Buccaneer or Corsair results losing said Link Skill).
- After switching jobs, a Level 100 weapon box for that class is received.