If you have created a new Nexon account via Steam on or after December 11, 2015 and you are prompted to enter your Password to play MapleStory, follow these directions* to play the game:
1. Go to nexon.net and click on the "?" next to "Password" to reset your password. NOTE: Although it was not required to create a password at the time you opened a new Nexon Steam account, you will need one to play MapleStory.
2. This window will appear:
3. Enter the email address you used to create your Nexon Steam account and click "Reset my password." A verification email will be sent to you.
4. Open the verification email you received and click on the reset my password link.
5. Enter a new password on the first line and confirm it on the second line:
6. Click "Update Password."
7. Return to Steam or Nexon to play MapleStory. When you are prompted to enter a password, use the one you just created.
* The above instructions will also apply if you created a new Nexon Steam account and wanted to access our game forums, purchase NX and access Nexon Player Support help centers at nexon.net.