If you receive this error be sure to check you do not have additional accessories that have drives connected to your system such as tablets, external hard drives, and USB drivers as these can sometimes cause this issue.
If you did have one of these devices connected just unplug them and then run MapleStory.
If you still have an issue you may have to restart your computer.
Otherwise, if you receive this error and are using a Windows 7 system, here are the steps to resolve the issue:
- Click on the Start Button.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Click on Device Manager.
- Select the section labeled “Disk Drives.”
- Right-click on the drives that are listed as “Generic” and select Disable.
- Make sure you do not disable the drive labeled “ST3100524AS”.
- Exit the Device Manager and run MapleStory normally.
If you're getting a more generic drive listed like E:\ etc. just click "Continue" twice.