The Star Force enhancement system allows players to add stats to equipment by spending meso. Each successful Star Force enhancement adds one star and increases stats by a predetermined amount, but makes the next attempt more difficult. The Star Force system works hand-in-hand with Advanced Equip Enhancement scrolls, but has a much lower risk!
The maximum Star Force level depends on the equipment being upgraded, up to 25 Stars. Each enhancement attempt costs meso regardless of the result. The cost increases with the Star Force level of the equipment.
How to apply Star Force enhancement
- Click the Equipment Enchant button in the bottom right corner of the Item Inventory window. This will open the Equipment Enchant window.
- Drag the equipment into the Equipment Enchant window. If the equipment has no enhancement slots available, the Star Force UI will appear automatically.
Note: On non-Reboot servers, the Star Force UI will only appear when all scrolling enhancement slots have been used. Scroll the equipment first before adding Star Force!
- Information about the next Star Force upgrade is shown, including the stats that will be added, the chance to succeed, and the meso cost.
- Click Enhance to begin Star Forcing, then click OK in the confirmation window.
- The Star Catching mini-game will appear. Click Stop! while the star is in the highlighted section to improve your Star Force success chance.
- After a brief animation, the outcome will be shown. If successful, the equipment's stats and Star Force level will increase.
- For specific Star Force levels, the option to apply a Safeguard will become available. Safeguarding an item increases the meso cost for that Star Force attempt but removes the chance for the item to be destroyed. To use Safeguard, click the checkbox next to Safeguard before you enhance.
- This process can be repeated until the equipment has been Star Forced to your target level.
Star Force Outcomes
There are four possible outcomes when Star Forcing. The success and failure rates scale with the current Star Force level of the equipment.
|Success||Increase Star Force level by 1|
|Failure (Keep)||No change to Star Force level|
|Failure (Drop)||Decrease Star Force level by 1|
|Failure (Destroy)||Destroy equipment and create Equipment Trace|
If two Star Force attempts in a row result in failure, the next attempt will enter Chance Time and have a 100% success rate. Additionally, once a piece of equipment reaches 10, 15 and 20 Star Force respectively, they will not drop below that level even if the attempt fails.
If the equipment is destroyed while Star Forcing, an Equipment Trace of the item will be created. Equipment Traces can be applied to a new copy of the same item to restore many of the item's stats, including potential lines and scrolling enhancement bonuses.
Before & After