Effective Thursday, March 23 as part of a scheduled minor patch maintenance, we have discontinued the ability to direct launch the MapleStory client by double-clicking the GameLauncher.exe file within your MapleStory game folder.
We are fully focusing on Nexon Launcher as the means to download and update most of our games going forward. Nexon Launcher is a unified central location for accessing all of Nexon’s games. It automatically keeps your game client up-to-date by updating in the background, even if you’re playing MapleStory or another Nexon game.
The majority of our players are already using Nexon Launcher, and by discontinuing the older systems including direct launch, we will be able to focus our attention on making improvements to Nexon Launcher and providing a smoother patch experience for all of our upcoming updates.
How to Download Nexon Launcher and Import Your MapleStory Client
- You can download Nexon Launcher by clicking the button below. Follow the steps to install Nexon Launcher.
- Once you have Nexon Launcher, just login with your Nexon account.
- A prompt will appear asking you to import your existing MapleStory installation into your Nexon Launcher game library. Click ‘OK’.
- Navigate to the MapleStory game page in Nexon Launcher.
- Click the ‘Play’ button.
- Nexon Launcher will verify the files to determine what version you are on.
- If needed, files will be downloaded to patch to the latest version.
- Once patching and verifying is done, select click ‘Play’ to start the game.